Intentional Futures is a modern consultancy that works with visionaries and realists to bring the future a little closer. We are a tight-knit team of curious, creative, analytical people committed to revealing insightful truths, bringing clarity to the complex, and developing novel ways to tackle tough problems.
We are looking for an Interaction Designer who can collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to build user interaction and workflow models for product features while solving complex business needs. Strong organizational and time management skills are a requirement and the ideal Designer will have a fluency in methodologies for user-centric processes. This position reports to the UX Director. We welcome non-traditional paths into your current career: iF is full of people with unique backgrounds and experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and communicate user needs through lightweight user research, storyboards, and user journeys.
- Create user experience guidelines and UI specification documentation.
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
- Define products through diagrams, wireframes, and user flows.
- Build and test prototypes to demonstrate and improve interactive behavior.
- Function at both the strategic and tactical levels while working independently or with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years experience working as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Product Design, Interaction/UX Design or related field.
- Visual Design skills nice to have but not mandatory for the role.
- Ability to work collaboratively and assertively across teams.
- Demonstrated success on ambiguous projects within the UX process.
- Experience providing detailed concept and interaction specifications including mockups and prototypes.
- Capacity to produce working or semi-functional prototypes during project planning.
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Working proficiency with modern UX tools that cover concepting and interaction prototyping—Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Haiku, Marvel, Framer, etc.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with multiple partners across a range of disciplines (Engineering, Research, Business) and organizational levels.
All candidates will be asked to present an design portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a deep understanding of the design process.
Intentional Futures supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
iF offers a benefits package that includes domestic partner benefits, parental and adoption leave.
Please note that this role is on-site in our Seattle office. We are not able to offer relocation packages.