Junior Graphic Designer, Editorial at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Junior Graphic Designer focuses on production needs across all editorial design projects, with the option to focus on particular genres. In addition, this role allows for special projects to refine technical and/or illustrative skills.
A Junior Graphic Designer's focus is becoming:
- Very proficient and skilled across all editorial design
- Knowledgeable about PitchBook design and editorial style guides
This comes from:
- Production across multiple types of PitchBook content
- Applying the PitchBook design & editorial style guides thoroughly
- Assisting on and tackling select special projects
- Gaining a thorough grasp on PitchBook content types
- Acquiring a high degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
This role calls for someone looking to hone their skills and become an experienced graphical storyteller-someone who is interested in helping develop a narrative using building blocks of data and analysis, weaving them together to present impactful, clear visual content. Junior graphic designers will primarily focus on layout design and production in order to become well-versed in all PitchBook content types, as well as expert in all relevant Adobe Creative Suite tools.
In addition, PitchBook's editorial Junior Graphic Designer will collaborate with the existing PitchBook editorial design team to learn how to develop visuals and imagery that strengthen the impact of our many editorial products, including research reports, and partner content designed to client specification. As needed and as identified, the junior graphic designer will take on growth challenges across these and other select projects, based on their demonstrated achievements, interests and skillsets.
The Publishing team within the Editorial department at PitchBook works with multiple stakeholders, primarily research analysts, to create high-quality publications of cutting-edge private financial markets research. This team of designers and editors focus on excellence in storytelling across all relevant avenues, from visual design to innovation in depictions of data to strength and accuracy of narrative and details.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist on as-needed basis with PitchBook content across the entire publishing product suite, e.g. analyst note production, executing at a high level
- Collaborate with senior team members to learn and develop skillsets in graphic design
- Collaborate with editors and research analysts to iterate on existing templates, contributing to improvements throughout the year as needed or identified
- Identify select projects based on achievements and skillset to use as growth challenges
- Collaborate with production team to produce templates and processes that drive standardization and efficiency
- Generate fresh ideas for how to interpret storylines and datasets
- Learn the ins and outs of private markets in order to support creativity with regards to design elevating stories within private markets coverage
- Leverage photo libraries to create compelling supporting imagery for magazine features and blog articles
- Acquire a high degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Demonstrate command of editorial design style guide, especially with regard to charting accuracy, e.g. titles
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
- As needed and is feasible, assist in production requests across entire editorial department, e.g. charts or illustrations for PitchBook newsletters, executing at a high level
- Improve ability to graphically depict trends and data that amplifies storytelling and reader understanding
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3+ year's previous experience in publication design
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and collaborative skillset
- Expert proficiency in InDesign, fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, improve technical ability with tools beyond Adobe Creative Suite as need be
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Experience in producing long-form content such as annual reports for nonprofits
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Familiarity with business, financial markets and financial terminology a plus
- Ability to manage overlapping deadlines and/or experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.