Lead UX Designer
Lead UX Designer
- Are you looking to be part of a dynamic design team crafting innovative user experiences?
- Would you like to build experiences that help millions of people enjoy more of the world?
- Are you passionate about solving hard problems and creating order out of chaos?
We’re looking for motivated design thinkers to help us envision and deliver delightful customer experiences. We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment.
As a Lead UX Designer you have an opportunity to think through the framing of problems with a focus on end user needs and desires. With the product team you will identify, design, specify and implement end-to-end experiences for a wide range of Expedia’s products and services.
Who you are
- A high-performing design leader who guides programs, key initiatives or product areas and thinks across multiple customer experience touchpoints
- A product influencer with the ability to move from micro to macro design and product visions while aligning partners to focus on human needs
- An outstanding interaction and visual designer with excellent technical capabilities in prototyping, presentation, and user-centered design methods
- A strategic thinker who knows how to define problems and create solutions with cross-functional peers
- A sought-after mentor with an ability to evaluate and assess design talent
- A curious and inquisitive learner who is continually looking for ways to learn and grow
What you’ll do
- Identify qualitative and quantitative insights from customer research data and business analytics to drive insights and solutions within a customer-centric design process
- Use problem-framing approaches to design information organization, aesthetic look and feel, interaction design, and experience flows for user experiences through sketches, storyboards, IA, wireframes, high-fidelity comps and rich prototypes
- Apply advanced design concepts in your work including modularity, reusability, progressive enhancement, browser fallbacks, and state and conditional logic
- Use storytelling and persuasion techniques to build trust with partners and establish long-term relationships across teams of product managers, business analysts, researchers, front-end and back-end developers and other UX designers
- Develop and use facilitation skills to collaborate across cross-functional teams while exploring new process approaches and practices
- Understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact for assigned team members and make informed resource and priority trade-offs
- Leverage our existing design system to create consistency as well as contribute to continually improving the system
Why Join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small.
We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.