Lead UX Designer
In this role you will:
- Lead the experience strategy and design for your sprint team, contributing first class designs with little oversight.
- Have a strong understanding of research methods and actively use them to get to the answers you need to make great design decisions.
- Create project deliverables that clearly communicate the experience strategy, and rationale behind it, including sketches, wireframes, mocks, flows, IA, personas, discovery findings, and prototypes.
- Lead small UX team, hire and mentor other UX designers.
- Regularly provide directional guidance and feedback to designers on your team as part of the review process.
- Partner with designers to ensure the overarching experience is consistent with other UX efforts and knowledge is being shared, help define new patterns.
- Actively collaborate with Product Managers to strategize, and deeply understand business and product goals.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of UX to ensure the overall UX vision is integrated and supported in the solution.
- Collaborate with developers to understand technical limitations and partner on solutions.
- Stay on top of industry trends, and evaluate innovative design approaches to develop internal innovation and engaging solutions.
- Actively contribute to design criticism culture, thinking of new ways to help level up design across team.
- Lead working sessions, presentations and reviews while gracefully reacting to criticism and clearly articulating the arguments for and against a solution.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- A UX designer with 7+ years of working experience, and a strong portfolio to match
- Experienced in creating mobile-first experiences for the web and native apps
- Experienced at working with analytics, quantitative data, and qualitative research to influence design decisions
- 1-2 years of UX management and mentorship
- A holistic thinker, able to equally weigh business and ux goals
- Able to digest input, feedback and criticism and objectively to make thoughtful decision
With your application submission, please include a link to your portfolio.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.