Learning Experience Designer at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Learning Experience Designer to join our fast-growing team. This individual has the unique opportunity to develop best-in-class content for Skilljar’s customer base and the industry at large. You’ll be designing curriculum and creating high-quality, reusable content for customer onboarding, advanced learning paths and certifications, all while showcasing the industry’s best education and design principles. We aim to create the leading customer education program to complement Skilljar’s leading customer training platform.
We’re looking for a creative and organized Learning Experience Designer with a successful track record ideating, designing, and developing content. You will work closely with sales, marketing, customer success, and product in a fast-moving B2B SaaS environment. The successful candidate will have customer empathy, an understanding of customer outcomes and a thirst for learning new things and teaching them to others. In addition to top-notch customer-facing and instructional design skills, you will also provide insightful product feedback and input to our Product team.
We're lucky to have great training professionals amongst our customer base. To respect our relationships with our customers, we discourage our direct customers from applying.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Customer Success and other key stakeholders to assess learner needs and develop curriculum accordingly.
- Design and develop high-quality written, video, and interactive content for self-service and instructor-led delivery.
- Determine innovative content strategies to educate customers on the most effective ways to implement and launch Skilljar.
- Refresh content to ensure that it remains relevant for customers as Skilljar evolves its product to change the way companies think about customer education.
- Test content early and often, with a bias toward action and learning.
- Ensure customer training complements our knowledge base and technical documentation.
- Design and build in-product education and support experiences that help customers become successful with Skilljar in their first 90 days.
- Design and manage certifications and other assessments.
- Measure outcomes to business objectives, and adjust the program to ensure those outcomes are being realized.
- Work cross-functionally to execute on a branded, best-in-class learner experience.
- Assisting with other learning initiatives, as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced technology environment, ideally enterprise software and/or B2B SaaS.
- At least 3 years of experience in a training function, ideally in customer-facing education.
- Proven skills with a variety of eLearning content creation tools, such as Camtasia and SCORM authoring software.
- Proven experience with successful on-demand and instructor-led training programs.
- Demonstrated success in using data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations and drive lasting positive operational changes and improvements.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing market feedback.
- Strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Startup experience a major plus.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.