Manager, Brand Design at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:35 p.m. (PST) on Friday, June 5, 2020
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
As Brand Design Manager you will work collaboratively with our brand design, marketing and marketing engineering teams to create and build a world-class enterprise brand across all customer touch points. You’ll also guide designers towards the best possible design and brand outcomes while staying cognizant of our business needs. You’ll lead by example as you facilitate cross-functional projects and identify opportunities for the brand design team to operate more strategically and effectively at Auth0.
Your Role And Impact
Our Brand Design Team is responsible for the breadth of how our product and company are communicated to the world and we strive for excellence and innovation within every aspect of this brand communication. Your responsibilities include developing and growing our brand design team - working closely with each designer on career development and personal growth. Your focus will be both on building a brand that speaks to our customers and current/future employees. You are able to translate marketing strategies into exceptional and impactful design that clearly communicates our core messages
Who we’re looking for:
- Manage visual designers building the core Auth0 brand and be accountable for visual quality and consistency across the entire customer lifecycle
- Oversee the design direction and execution of brand design strategy
- Stand out among your peers with excellent design skills and taste in graphic design, typography, photography, illustration, layouts & grids,, motion, and experiential design
- Evolve the visual language of the brand and continue to hone in on the brand system to create a style that becomes iconic
- Comfortable in developing and managing the design scope of project work and creating prioritization processes
- By using clear communication, conviction and authority, promote and protect brand work internally to champion influence.
- Set team goals and a vision, holding team to a high quality bar
- Influence cross-functional partners and advocate for resourcing and alignment on behalf of the team
- You’ll work alongside other leaders of our marketing and product organization, representing Brand, Visual Design and Production
- You’ll bring a human-centered mentality to every challenge in every channel for our audiences
- You’ll provide design direction and coaching for the Brand Design team.
- You’ll build a collective team vision for the Brand Design team, and develop new tactics to realize it
- You’ll partner with Producers to balance the workload and manage the resourcing
- You’ll be responsible for creating an environment where rigorous critique is welcomed, but where psychological safety and creative openness is maintained.
- Partner with the marketing team in strategic planning
- Aligns resources to key company and product priorities
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Minimum of 2 years of creative management experience at an agency or in-house
- You love developing cohesive yet flexible creative strategies that can play out across channels and mediums
- You lead with passion and vision, and you can energize your team to deliver excellent results while keeping them happy and engaged
- A portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, creativity and amazing design chops
- You display a human-centered approach to design that’s inquisitive, strategic and well-reasoned
- Superb attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship.
- Reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Great presentation skills with the ability to explain your creative vision and listen to feedback
- Expects the team to push new thinking and expand new interpretations of the brand expression to meet ever-changing company demands
- Outstanding mentor and listener. Effectively help the team to build on strengths, prioritize and navigate challenges
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other cross-functional partners
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description