Manager, Product Design at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (PST) on Monday, August 24, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
As a Product Design Manager you will work collaboratively with our design, product and engineering teams to build solutions for Auth0’s Identity and Access Management platform. You’ll join a diverse design team from around the world in a fully remote company to simplify the complex world of building authentication and authorization solutions for web, mobile, and legacy applications so our customers can focus on their core business.
Your Role And Impact
We're looking for a design lead for the team that builds and operates our Identity and Access Management products. As the design lead, you’ll report to the Director of Design and have influence over the customer experience across all of the IAM domain and customer touchpoints. You will lead a team of talented designers, and you will work within the support of the Auth0 product delivery organization while also rethinking the experience that we see today.
In the IAM domain you Your team will include product designers and subject matter experts and you will provide direction and guidance of their output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and design process. This domain is unique in that you are finding solutions that span both our customers and their customers identity paradigms. This includes Login, User Management, Authentication, Authorization and Protocols and Sessions.
Who we’re looking for:
- Identify opportunities for cross-departmental work and understand the shared dependencies that connect all of our products and services
- Work with engineering and product leaders to establish both near-term and long-term product vision.
- Refine the Auth0 design team culture and export our best practices to product teams across the organization
- Contribute to documentation that helps our design team grow our skills and scale our practice
- Develop and socialize decision-making frameworks to the broader product design team.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data and understand how to translate it into accessible service and interface design
- Apply your product design skills throughout the product development lifecycle from researching and sketching to polished interface designs
- Mentor and coach product designers, helping them grow in their skills and careers.
- Manage and inspire a team of product designers providing direction and pushing the quality of the work
- Influence product strategy and contextualize high-level decisions and direction for your team
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Program Management, and Data Science and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution.
- Articulate the biggest business drivers in terms of customer segment, return on investment, degree of product maturity, etc.
- 7+ years product/UX design experience
- Clearly and effectively formulate direction and strategy for the team to build consensus
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of users’ needs
- Identifies larger scope issues and plays a leadership role with cross-functional partners to develop creative solutions for bringing new products to market.
- Experience building within a technical environment and has some technical experience that aligns with building applications and partnering with engineering teams
- Proven record of acting as a leader across multiple teams through the application of design thinking, craft, customer focus, and product contributions.
- Experience managing widely distributed teams (geography and time)
- Has developed and communicated a cohesive strategy for how all products in your area work together to advance a long term product vision and add customer value.
- Consistently demonstrate an insightful understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging technology, and market trends and set an example of delivering high-value work for customers.
- Experience working across multiple product areas and uniting stakeholders
- Experience running design teams, and collaborating effectively with engineering managers, product leaders and researchers
- Consistent track record of coaching talented designers to achieve their best performance
- Experience directing both the visual and interaction design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms
- A diverse portfolio (including B2B & B2C projects), across web and mobile, that reflect critical thinking and design excellence
- Strong communication, storytelling and presentation with confidence
- Technical expertise and a basic understanding of developer tools or identity space a plus
- #US, #CA
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.