Great design is at the center of everything Outreach does, starting with our product and extending to our brand. We’re passionate about creating an incredible experience for our customers and it dates back to our founding. With two of our founders coming from a design background, investing in a delightful user experience and compelling brand has been core to our roots and success.
Up to now, we have leveraged our product design team, our design founder, and partner agencies to develop a world-class brand our customers trust. Now, we are at a stage where we can staff internally a world-class brand and visual designer to continue to develop and extend this brand to all customer-facing marketing experiences. YOU (the designer) have a chance to be this person!
As our first Marketing Designer, you’ll have a chance to refine and build our brand identity. You will bring the Outreach brand to life throughout all marketing touch-points and across a variety of digital and print mediums. You’ll partner across various functions of the Marketing team to design visual stories and collaborate with our Product Design team to ensure a consistent visual identity. You’ll need a passion for visual storytelling and be able to create a variety of different marketing assets!
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Own and maintain the Outreach visual brand and create standards that are used across Marketing and Creative teams
- Conceptualize creative and inspiring design concepts for multiple mediums including web, mobile, video and print
- Create visual assets for both print and digital, including print materials, website design, display advertising, videos, trade show/event materials, internal SWAG (t-shirts, buttons, stickers, etc) and brand templates for decks, docs, and campaigns
- Work directly with our in-house video and creative team marketing to produce motion graphics and supporting video visualization and support internal productions
- Direct and provide creative guidance to design partners and agencies to ensure a consistent brand and digital experience
- Help to create our “design voice,” both visually and conceptually.
- Extend our brand and visual identity across the company by collaborating with Product, Customer Success, Sales and Recruiting to support their initiatives with beautiful, compelling design
- Grow the Marketing team’s knowledge of best practices and trends in graphic design
- 5+ years experience in visual/creative design, preferably in the Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, or Internet industries
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant brand, advertising and growth marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print
- A demonstrated foundation of control over typography, composition, information hierarchy, color theory, pacing, visual design systems, interaction design
- You have a passion for creating visually stunning and bold illustrations, icons, photography, video, and other forms of communication
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven track record of improving conversion rates
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, psychology, and HTML/CSS
- You are able to collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met
- You know how to present your designs and communicate what problems they are solving. Being able to give and receive feedback is a must
- Deep familiarity with Sketch, Adobe creative suite, Office, etc
- You are collaborative and flexible in working with diverse teams and with shifting priorities
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description