Mechanical Designer / Drafter
Imagine ubiquitous 5G connectivity that will deliver on the promise of 4K video, augmented reality, autonomous driving, drone delivery, and super-fast inflight internet. These bandwidth intensive technologies of the future cannot take place utilizing current wireless and broadband network infrastructure. Pivotal Commware has developed a revolutionary technology called HBF or Holographic Beam Forming, a breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. This disruptive software defined antenna technology is revolutionizing wireless and broadband networks by helping network operators solve their biggest wireless access challenges – capacity and spectral efficiency. Our patented antenna technology helps wireless service providers squeeze every ounce of performance from their networks at the lowest cost, size, weight and power consumption available.
While Pivotal has completely redefined the physics and economics of providing broadband wireless access for consumer, business and military applications, we still need to tailor our technology for a multitude of compelling use cases. Looking ahead, our team will also be developing artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to complement and enhance our fundamental technology. If you are passionate about what you do and want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you.
Pivotal’s Holographic Beamforming Antenna system is a customizable product solution that can interface with a wide variety of external products and as such, the Designer/Drafter will be responsible for designing and developing product drawings for documentation of current and future designs. This position will be responsible for utilizing Solidworks on a daily basis. The Designer/Drafter position will work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers and business leaders. This position takes technical direction from the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
•Performs basic design tasks under engineering review
•Perform complex electro-mechanical drafting assignments from rough sketches and verbal instructions
•Prepare detailed drawings and completes mechanical or electrical drawings of components and assemblies
•Verify work for completeness and accuracy
•Check dimensions, bills of materials and quantities
• Provide design modifications to existing product and creates and manages ECOs under product data management (Arena experience a plus)
• Work with technicians to develop assembly instructions
• Ability to take direction, stay focused, and meet deadlines
• Ability to apply advanced drafting and modeling techniques using Solidworks 2016
• Good analytical and math skills
• Proficient knowledge of geometric tolerance and ANSI Y14.5
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task, work quickly, accurately and communicate effectively with team members
• Experience creating complete design/documentation packages for production
• Fluency in both written and oral English. Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports and presentations
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
• Manufacturing experience in low to medium volume production
• Design for manufacture experience
• Basic fixturing design experience
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description