Principal UX Design Manager
- We are a growing Experience Design Team of UX Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, UX Writers, and Customer Experience Architects who love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We’re an authentic, scrappy and passionate bunch who partner with our respective product teams to help drive product strategy but also come together often as an XD team to support each other in driving our holistic experience vision forward.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise applications so our customers feel empowered, inspired and connected.
- Help establish, drive and articulate a vision for the future of design at Smartsheet.
- Establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Manage the day-to-day and strategic activities of UX designers, making sure that the human-centered process is properly planned, followed and documented.
- Mentor and coach UX designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of emerging UX design techniques and tools.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross functional product teams.
- Work closely with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- You love solving problems
- You have an insatiable curiosity and love to learn
- You love to explore and experiment
- You love using both sides of your brain
- You aren’t afraid of being wrong – you are a truth seeker
- You aren’t afraid to give and receive feedback
- You take your craft and your field seriously
- You love beautiful things
- You are a systems thinker and a design thinker
- You never lose sight of the vision and know that small changes add up to huge results
- You do sweat the details
- You care deeply
- You care about the people you work with
- You care about the people you design for
- You nurture the careers of the people you lead
- You care about great design that is grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights
- 7+ years experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications with at least three of those years leading, inspiring and mentoring 3+ member teams.
- Experience with Automation and Machine Learning technology and design considerations
- Passion for the field of User Experience. Self motivated and enthusiastic; knows when it's necessary to seek out guidance.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Sketch, Axure or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Proficiency in rapid prototyping.
- Highly organized with planning, conducting, and tracking work.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.