Product Design Manager at Axon
- Lead product design for Axon Records. You'll own the full design process, from initial research and discovery through concepting, detailed design, testing and working with Engineering on implementation.
- Manage and grow a team of talented Product Designers working on various aspects of the Axon Records product line.
- Own recruiting and hiring talent for your team and participate in hiring across the larger product design and product management & engineering organizations keeping a high bar.
- Partner closely with Product Management leadership on initial product definition and ongoing product evolution and execution.
- Turn complex interactions involving a diverse set of users, a complex physical environment, social interactions, regional differences, and an ecosystem of hardware devices and software applications, into simple experience solutions.
- Collaborate with UX Researcher and Product Managers to initiate, execute, and extract insights using a variety of research methods: observational, interviews, participatory, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with other design leads across product teams to ensure great user experiences across all of our products.
- Be an ambassador and champion for the design culture at Axon.
- Pitch products and feature ideas and execution up to executive level.
- Contribute to defining the general product design vision and process at Axon.
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of leading major product design initiatives
- At least 2 years of managing and growing other Product Designers.
- A bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field. A master's degree is considered a plus.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. Successful candidates will have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- You enjoy collaborating on early product definition as much as you enjoy working with the larger product and engineering teams on implementation.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- A broad skillset with deep specialization in at least one area (IA, UX, visual, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand.
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools and proficient at quickly learning new ones. We currently use Sketch + Invision App, but are always evaluating new tools.
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment. Comfortable in both leader and follower roles.
- Experience with designing for multiple form factors (desktop, mobile, tablet) and modalities (touch, voice, keyboard/mouse) considered a big plus.
- A great portfolio available for review.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...