Auth0 is growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced design manager who will have the chance to help build, coach, and mentor a highly skilled group of designers. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
This position will help build the core experience of our product and lead designers who are working on growth, enablement, systems, and optimize key customer touch points across the platform such as onboarding and support experiences. You'll be responsible for the strategic and creative output of a major product area. You'll will be involved in every step of the product development lifecyle, including ideation, discovery, development, research, mapping user flows, and designing working alongside PMs and Engineering leads to lead the efforts.
- Manage a quickly growing and business-critical team
- Manage a team of designers working on Auth0’s core experiences and solving some of the most complex design problems around today
- Grow the team to meet business demands and employee development needs
- Partner closely with PMs to manage resourcing of projects
- Collaborate with Design and Auth0 leadership to determine design direction
- Inspire, motivate, and lead designers across experience levels to do the best work of their career
- Work closely with our Product Management, Product Engineering, Marketing, and senior leadership to deliver stunning and effective work
- Identify opportunities for cross-departmental work and understand the shared dependencies that connect all of our products and services
- Work with engineering and product leaders to establish both near-term and long-term product vision
- Influence product strategy and contextualize high-level decisions and direction for your team
- Seek opportunities to build systems of enablement across Product Delivery and beyond
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have managed a team of 5+ product designers before
- You have helped scale design attributes and systems across a company in previous roles
- You have 8+ years product/UX design experience
- You can clearly and effectively formulate direction and strategy for your team
- You have a proven record of acting as a leader across multiple teams through the application of design thinking, craft, customer focus, and product contributions.
- You have experience managing widely distributed teams (geography and time)
- You have developed and communicated a cohesive strategy for how all product teams across a large surface area work together
- You can demonstrate an insightful understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape, emerging technology, and market trends and set an example of delivering high-value work for customers.
- You have experience directing both the visual and user experience design of projects
- You have a diverse design management portfolio (including B2B & B2C projects), across web and mobile, that reflect critical thinking and design excellence
- You demonstrate strong communication, storytelling and presentation with confidence
- Technical expertise and a basic understanding of developer tools or identity space a plus
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.