Product Designer II
Egencia is the original disruptor in managed business travel. The product design team at Egencia shape visionary travel products and services loved by over 6 million users worldwide. Our simple, seamless travel management platform helps some of the biggest global brands manage their complex business travel needs. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer who has passion for travel innovation, can transform complexity into transparency, and can lead by doing.
About Egencia Design
Our empowering culture fosters self-starter designers who gravitate toward owning and solving large product design challenges. Egencia designers work with feedback from our 6+ million users to directly deliver on user needs and our mission of transforming business travel. Designers don’t merely produce mockups — they shape the future of our product by driving the strategy of sophisticated products that empower millions of business travelers, travel coordinators, and customer service agents. Designers are expected to be involved in all strategic product decisions. We regularly meet with, present to, and interact with Egencia’s senior leadership.
The design team works in a blended functional/regional model. All designers at Egencia belong to a centralized design team that delivers a globally consistent product and brand identity. Additionally, designers also belong to pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
About The Role
This Designer role will own the design strategy for our Customer and Agent Experience (CAX) team, a cross-functional team with an unprecedented charter within the company. This team is pivotal to Egencia's current business strategy and has aggressive goals to reduce calls to our customer service agents, consequently saving millions of dollars in 2019. The CAX team is set up for success in 2019 with the anticipated release of innovative text/voice bots. Additionally, the CAX design team owns user onboarding and contextual help.
Furthermore, this role will evangelize user needs unlike any other in the company, closely monitoring user feedback and working to resolve common issues across the product. Lastly, this role will own and advocate for the customer agent experience, by improving their efficiency and reducing unnecessary contacts. When our travelers need assistance with a booking this designer will ensure they get the help they need. Whether it is in-product help or assistance from an agent, this role has the chance to create ease and trust.
About Product Designers at Egencia
At Egencia, we expect the following from our Product Designers:
- Embed with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and others related to your product areas.
- Lead and facilitate design sprints/workshops, 120-day planning sessions, and other training activities.T
- Translate research discovery and insights into new hypotheses.
- Collaborate with our engineers to determine concept feasibility.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test viability with users and product partners.
- Design high-fidelity, mobile-first solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Work iteratively with engineers to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product quality to improve/iterate upon previously-shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate quickly and with ease.
Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. You are a proven designer who can organize and lead output across multiple designers. You easily earn the trust and respect required in this role through thoughtful, purpose-driven interactions with others. You are recognized by colleagues as a force-multiplier who raises the average of teams you are on. You focus decisions through the user lens. You can analyze, optimize and simplify the work of others. You challenge others and continually tread a path toward stunning, effective design. You are willing to teach, ready to learn, and able to produce gorgeous work in a high-visibility role.
- 5+ years’ experience in product thinking, eCommerce, interaction design, visual design, and design research.
- Self-directed, organized, efficient: able to handle multiple, complex decisions at once.
- An effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Possesses an insatiable curiosity for unraveling complexity.
- Develops expert knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers gorgeous designs to a variety of device experiences.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- A bold portfolio of product and interaction design work/
- Expert in Sketch and prototyping tools (e.g InVision, Framer, etc).
Bonus (nice-to-have) Qualities:
- Bot/Voice Conversational design experience
- Onboarding experience
- Redesigning complex legacy tools
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner
Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.