Product Designer - Remote at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Product Designer with 2-6 years of experience to help our customers build impactful learning experiences for their students. This individual has a focus on user-centered design principles, an eye for iterative design, and a passion for education.
We believe that education is the key to unlocking product innovation for individuals, organizations, and society. Our journey started when our founders discovered that companies were developing outstanding products, but users were struggling to tap into the full potential of those products. Product education was the missing link and legacy learning tools were frustrating customer education teams and their students. Our customers rave about us because we are passionate about helping them transform their users into product specialists and advocates with our best-in-class learning platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Series B company with Fortune 1000 and mid-market customers!Responsibilities:
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to understand customer needs and come up with creative solutions.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes and present them to team members to get agreement on design direction.
- Collaborate with other designers to refine design work.
- Perform exploratory interviews and usability studies with customers.
- Use metrics and qualitative data to help define success criteria and inform design decisions.
- Document detailed interaction and UI specifications for engineering to build.
- 2-6 years of Product or UX/UI design experience working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience throughout the design process from initial concepts to pixel-perfect mockups and specifications.
- Proficiency in a design software tool like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar.
- Excellent skills in verbal & written communication and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, or agile methodologies.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- This role can be remote anywhere in the United States, preferably in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, MO, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, and WA.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.