Product Designer (UI/UX)
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
About our Design team:
We are looking for a UI/UX-focused Product Designer to join our growing Design Team at Karat. You’ll be embedded in a small, agile product squad with a Product Manager and a few Product Engineers to create industry-leading user experiences together.
As a core designer at Karat, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow our culture of design within the entire company and our product. You will be a key stakeholder in the full product lifecycle, from conducting research and developing a product vision through development and iteration. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in product and design strategy, and scale our processes through tools like a design system.
- Collaborate with PMs to explore, understand, and advocate for user needs.
- Create visual mockups and prototypes for new features as well as improvements to the existing product
- Help define our product roadmap
- Partner with stakeholders to develop end-to-end user experiences for clients, interviewees, and colleagues
- Understand interviewing processes by conducting research with end users in order to define new, efficient workflows
- Test and validate designs, including fast feedback loops with in-house users
- Establish adoption, engagement, and efficiency metrics for products you help create
- Understanding what makes products successful and seeing beyond the visual components of a product to the broader strategy
- 5+ years of product design experience on complex products, ideally web/SaaS
- Experience conducting interview-driven user research
- Strong command of UI/UX best practices and you know your way around your design tool set of choice (Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with PMs at the research and discovery phases of a project
- Effective communication strategy - translating user needs to the rest of the team and knowing how to deliver compelling cases for your designs
- Empathetic and understanding to the experience of others, which includes our many types of users as well as your teammates at Karat
- Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience within the design field
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.