Production Designer at Blue Nile
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
The purpose of this role is to manage and own best practices relating to digital assets and assist with digital marketing, especially emails. The designer in this role needs to be super-attuned to nuance, to help us build out our HTML email systems. In addition to email, other projects may extend across channels, and may include site pages and placements, display ads, social media graphics, and showroom signage. Under the guidance of the in-house designers, the production designer will be responsible for all stages of the creative process, from beginning concepting to handing off files.
What you will you do:
- Ability to work closely with internal partners, editorial teams and designers
- Precise attention to detail, typography and layout, with ability to think systematically
- Experience defining redlines for external partners or development
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams including developers and marketing specialists
- Work within brand standards to ensure a consistent, integrated brand look and feel
- Possessing a high level of sophistication in usage of image, typography and overall aesthetic
- Ability to layout and apply the same design to multiple applications and formats
- Well-organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined solutions efficiently
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with flexibility to change focus quickly
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in e-commerce or with similar brands
- Basic understanding of how HTML/CSS emails are built
- Digitally-centered, with experience in print production for packaging, collateral and brochures preferred
- Autonomous self-starting characteristics with excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Video/AfterEffects experience a plus
- Abilities demonstrated via portfolio
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus