Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As a Senior Art Director, you will help tell our brand story in a compelling, fresh way to drive growth on a global scale, under the guidance of the Creative Director and Creative Leads. You will be responsible for concept development and the visual craft of our brand, marketing and advertising materials across all customer touchpoints that help our teams achieve outstanding results. We are looking for a conceptual thinker who is equal parts Art Director and Brand Designer. You are extremely detail-oriented and can apply impeccable aesthetic choices across a variety of campaigns and creative work including TV, video, motion, paid social and other digital outputs, while at the same time owning and shaping our brand look and feel, guidelines and standards. You have done all of the above in either an agency or in-house setting and understand what it means to operate in a performance-driven environment, balancing emotional and results-driven creative work.
You are known for your collaboration and have a strong understanding of marketing channels, best practices, formats and solid expertise in developing strong marketing creative across these channels.
The ideal person for this role is someone with a high degree of ownership who is proactive in identifying strategic and creative opportunities and brings a positive attitude to problem-solving in a startup culture. People are excited to work with you.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Own Remitly's visual aesthetic through the development and refinement of our brand guidelines and other supporting brand documents
- Work with the Creative Director and Creative Leads to ensure that brand look and feel is cohesive, consistent, and implemented across all channels
- Partner with Lead Voice to bring our brand look and feel and messaging to life
- Collaborate with copywriters and designers, always pushing for the best creative solutions
- Educate the Creative team and other marketers on best practices for maintaining a consistent look and feel across all marketing and brand touch points
- Ensure all consumer-facing creative is insight-driven, on brand, and driving results
- Present your work to internal stakeholders, and have sound reasoning or data to backup your points of view
- Partner with Project Management to ensure creative deliverables and timelines are met
- Partner with marketers throughout the creative process to ensure that our work delivers against stated objectives and goals
- Research and keep a pulse on trends, issues, and topics that matter most to Remitly's key audiences around the world
- Work with external partners when needed, providing constructive feedback
- Be a positive influence within Marketing and Remitly as a whole
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an advertising agency and/or in-house marketing team
- Consumer brand experience a must; digital brand preferred
- Proven expertise and knowledge of best-practices for mobile-first digital marketing
- Ability to operate autonomously and manage your own workload
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, managers and executives
- A highly-developed instinct for balancing brand goals with performance goals
- Extreme attention to detail and a high degree of discretion
- Ability to clearly articulate (and teach) your approach/thinking
- An understanding of A/B testing and validation
- A passion for people, communication, marketing, and storytelling
- A sensitivity and desire to understand various cultures and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and communicate in other languages a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to work in Seattle, collaborate with the team, and meet deadlines
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer