Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Senior Designer you will be responsible for evolving and scaling our design system. You have experience in building design systems and have advanced visual design skills. In this role, you will bridge convoy’s brand identity with our UX design by creating UI components, patterns and elements that will marry our brand personality with functionality. Your work will involve cross-functional collaboration between branding, product design and engineering. You will use strategic thinking to scale our design system across multiple products and platforms through consistency and quality. You have a great sense of usability, visual design and keep customers at the center of your process. You enjoy collaborating with multidisciplinary partners and welcome critique and feedback. You will be expected to document and communicate your work in order to implement and scale it efficiently.
- Design and maintain the components, UI patterns, and documentation for Fuel, Convoy's design system and component library
- Work with product and brand designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to develop the tools, processes, and practices they need to build amazing experiences
- Write documentation and usage guidelines for designers and engineers on how to use components and patterns across design and code
- Collaborate with teams to implement new components and audit legacy components
- Educate and provide guidance to teams on design system best practices
- Inject our brand and culture into the design system
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping design systems
- Experience and expertise in best practices with Figma
- Experience with products in the B2C as well as B2B
- Experience with cross-platform design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Strong understanding of accessibility and WCAG compliance
- An understanding of front-end development
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!