Senior Designer/Art Director
New Engen is seeking an experienced, hands-on creative to join our team as a strategist, designer, mentor and consultant for our high-performance social media creative marketing team. You’ll lead concept and design for a range of clients, representing the Creative team in everything from creative concept/ideating and pitch calls to content shoots, and be a part of the driving force to scale our creative services business. The Senior Designer/Art Director helps establish conceptual and stylistic direction for marketing content. The Senior Designer/Art Director reports to the Director of Content to distribute workload and help oversee select projects, as well as the work of vendors, designers, and other departments to achieve project and client goals.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You’re excited about impactful performance-driving creative.
- You jump between big picture vision and micro-details seamlessly.
- You can balance a scrappy “get things done” attitude with a high bar for quality.
- You’re entrepreneurial and ready to join our growing team of laid-back, trustworthy nerds.
Creative execution is a key factor in the success of our marketing efforts and the clients we support. Our ability to rapidly test high-quality iterations of copy and design drives the insights and optimization needed to make a winning marketing program. Creativity partners with Data to guide every step of our process, and the details matter.
- Provide art direction for photography/video, web/digital, and client presentations, for a range of production values
- Create both final designs and concepts aligned with client Brand guidelines and work order specifics.
- Coordinate with Creative Director to balance workloads and share resources as necessary to complete projects on time and on budget
- Iterative optimization and design of social media creative, keenly focused on mobile
- Collaborate with and support an in-house creative team and our partner services team
- Mentor and directly manage up to 3 additional designers or freelancers depending on changing workload
- Identify and take action on opportunities to improve our creative practice and production team via operational excellence
- Ensure deadlines are met and expectations exceeded through self-directed creative approach and proactive time management and communication
- Proactively solve problems and easily identify future capacity challenges
- Inspiring digital creative portfolio and comfort with hands-on design
- 6-10 years of professional experience in the design field
- Education or experience in marketing design/creative, or related industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Positive attitude and drive to keep learning, regardless of career stage
- Ability to produce creative decks and shot lists to visualize ideas + presentation skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Strong conceptual ability
- Willingness to work long hours and even the occasional weekend
- Ability to manage a project from concept through production
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Background in set design, prop/wardrobe styling, and product styling a plus
- Proven working experience as an Art Director with a portfolio a plus
- Patience with endless marketing acronyms