Senior Interaction (UX) Designer
As a Senior Interaction (UX) Designer, you’re more than just a wireframer. You are a professional, who can apply your skills to a variety of problems and see applications for user experience design in the physical as well as digital world.
At This Place, we look for designers who are strategic thinkers, who see an interface not just as a vehicle for getting users efficiently from point A to point B, but rather as a platform for storytelling and engaging users in meaningful ways. You’ll work closely with visual and communication designers, strategists, developers, and project managers to research and deliver compelling, user-centered design solutions.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, your talent, and experience, let’s talk!
- Work with Strategy to interview stakeholders, gather requirements, research user needs, conduct user testing, and determine necessary project deliverables
- Help identify which technologies are appropriate for given projects, and seek opportunities for experience and design innovation
- Create functionality, navigation, and interaction models through wireframes, site-maps, schematics and design-level prototypes
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Support and guide junior designers on projects
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
5+ years professional experience designing interfaces for digital products, as well as websites, mobile, and web applications
- A visually compelling online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, and an eye for detail
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual, and associative thinking, and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling visual designs and supporting documentation
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technology, and curiosity about emerging technologies
- Fluency in visual and motion design, UX and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Framer, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design, and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions
- Works equally well independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required
This Place offers a generous benefits package!
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees
- Competitive salary and generous PTO policy
- Summer and winter conference
- 10 paid holidays
- Fun Fremont location
- Maternity/paternity benefits for those with at least 6 months of service