Senior Manager, Creative Services
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is searching for a digitally savvy Sr. Manager, Creative Services to lead the creative services team, which consists of a Sr. Visual Designer, Digital Designer, Videographer and multiple design contractors and agency partners. This role has responsibility for managing and optimizing the Zipwhip in-house creative studio providing creative design and production services for multiple marketing channels (revenue marketing, digital engagement, content marketing, product marketing/sales enablement, events, communications) and internal clients (people operations, executive team). This leader will play a key role in shaping and upholding our brand’s visual identity across all channels and touchpoints.
What's the job really?
- Manage, optimize and grow Zipwhip’s in-house creative studio, delivering digital design and production (desktop and mobile web pages, landing pages, advertisements, emailtemplates, PowerPoint design, infographics, illustration system), print design (events displays and booths, collateral systems, magazine ads) and video design and production (product, internal communications, sales training, marketing videos).
- Function as key visual brand manager helping to shape and influence Zipwhip’s visual brand identify, extend it into visual graphic and identitysystems.
- Evangelize our visual style guide and enforce design and brand consistency across the organization.
- Partner directly with marketing channel owners and internal clients to understand and creatively solve design problems and deliver creatives services projects on time and on budget.
- Manage the creative studio’s project management process, systems (Basecamp) and reporting.
- Manage the Creative Services team of visual and digital designers, videography, and a collection of contractors and agencies.
- Take ownership of delivering some digital design and production projects on your own.
- Travel as needed to offsite shoots and projects.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience as a Visual, Digital, Web, or UI/UX Designer, 2 years as a manager of creatives.
- Creative leader who knows how to engage and manage different creative personas to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools like InVision
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Exceptional portfolio highlighting related work
- Ability to develop concepts from sketches, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes through to final execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for creating beautiful, usable designs across devices
- Confident presenting your work and open to receiving feedback
- Deep knowledge of design principles regarding layout, typography, and information hierarchy
- Creative and strategic thinker with the drive to execute with minimal direction
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.