The Dropbox Research & Insights team is a large, well-empowered organization, and our Document Workflows team needs a seasoned, strategic-minded leader that can help take it to the next level.
As the Senior Manager of Research & Insights for Document Workflows at Dropbox, you are energized by guiding research at a company scale and have wide influence across the Document Workflows organization. You are a talented mentor, are curious about how people work together, and want to empower your team to create, share, and collaborate better together. You believe that research insights have the greatest impact when built on triangulated user data and influences product, design, marketing, and executive business decisions. You help your team transform research results into actionable insights for our customers and our business.
You thrive on interdisciplinary teams and can pose high-level strategic questions and guide research at all stages of the marketing & product lifecycle. You can see the uncertainties that slow teams down and help surface questions people didn’t even know they had. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds of the work.
- You will be a beacon of leadership throughout the Document Workflows organization. You will bring strong viewpoints around the role of research in the strategic and day-to-day decision-making process for the organization.
- You will be responsible for connecting research of the Document Workflows organization to other parts of the company through strong cross-functional collaboration, allowing Research to be seen as a thought partner across all functions.
- You will lead a team to drive research initiatives that help develop and define human/business needs into a coherent set of insights that inform and influence our company and product strategies.
- You have a knack for attracting, developing, and retaining extraordinary talent that instills a shared sense of purpose and belonging. Experience managing other managers is preferred, but not required.
- Strong leadership experience with driving product initiatives from an insights-led perspective
- M.S. or Ph.D. in scientific/technical field or equivalent experience preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience leading Research initiatives
- 5+ years of experience leading research teams in product development
- Has managed a team of 6+ researchers
- Strong experience in leading time-bound and multi-partner initiatives
- Strong understanding of product and business metrics
- Experience working directly with and influencing executives
- Experience working in startups preferred
- Bonus points for MBA and/or business strategy experience