Senior Product Designer - Autoship at Chewy
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer in Seattle, WA to play a hands-on role in realizing Chewy’s vision, shaping the future of our pet parents' shopping experience.
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
As a Senior Product Designer for Autoship, you’ll be a key contributor defining the Autoship experience throughout Chewy. Autoship is a subscription service that helps customers receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule at a discounted price. Our goal is to create a frictionless customer experience as we build, learn, and iterate on our core and new Autoship capabilities. The team is also responsible for the customer development to help Chewy serve as a one stop place for all pet parent needs. You’ll have the opportunity to think and act big, exercising continuous innovation and a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition. Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our most loyal customers to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for driving the design process and propelling teams to completion across the entire shopping funnel - working closely with our partners in research, product management and engineering to help shape the next generation of shopping convenience at Chewy.What You’ll Do:
- Earn trust and collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers to execute design concepts that are built on data, deliver on brand goals and business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Put the Customers first and utilize design thinking principles to work through all facets of the product design life cycle, from discover and concept ideation, through flows and wireframes, to full-fidelity prototype designs, enabling you to build engaging user experiences for multiple user groups that solve business objectives with purpose and simplicity.
- Deliver results by presenting and articulating your design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Operate at depth by attending and actively participating in daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, and other team meetings.
- Debate openly by performing design reviews and providing feedback to software developers and other designers during the product development process.
- Act like an owner on the team to deliver work by driving with urgency, and accelerate time by emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques.
- A total of 5+ years of experience in User Experience Design that includes 2+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product-based organization.
- Fluency in best practices for User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
- Knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Analytical skills and high judgment.
- Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to consider the impact your of decisions, past your own products.
- Able to translate concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
- Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience designing in e-commerce environments.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- Position may require travel.
- Experience designing subscription platforms or customer loyalty products.