Senior Product Designer, Shadergraph at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for an experienced designer to define the future of our material and shader authoring tools. Working with design, product and engineering leaders, internal technical artists and professional users, you will help define requirements and design innovative product solutions for millions of users worldwide.
In this role, you will join Unity’s global design team – a diverse group of people who are passionate about empowering creativity through technology, and share in the belief that the world is a better place with more creators in it. You will work closely with other leaders to define our product vision, engender alignment and consistency between products, and deliver world-class experiences for our users.
- Work with a global team of designers, user researchers, technical artists, engineers, and product managers to successfully bring innovative products to market.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to accurately describe product vision, review with stakeholders, and iterate towards a final design
- Conduct design research, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure our users-first commitment
- Distill complex technology into an intuitive and efficient authoring experiences
- Collaborate with other design leads to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products
- Extensive portfolio of design examples, showing project development from concept to completion
- Exceptional creative thought and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to brainstorm with technical subject matter experts to reason through complex problems and arrive at elegant solutions
- 3D authoring domain knowledge, with emphasis on texturing, shader and material development workflows
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong ability for verbal and visual communication
- Practical game development experience
- Knowledge of comparable graph tools, e.g. Houdini, Substance painter, Maya, Blender or 3DS Max
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.