Senior Product Designer - SingleFile
Senior Product Designer
Companies need to comply with state and local regulations wherever they operate. It’s important, detail-oriented work that nobody wants to do. To-do lists and spreadsheets don’t easily get the job done with the accuracy required. The two large service providers that dominate the industry have changed very little since they started business over 120 years ago. We aim to help companies and their law firms do this job quickly, easily and precisely and to disrupt this dated yet profitable industry.
You are a product designer who enjoys making sense out of complex systems. You pursue a deep understanding of your customers and your creative choices are deliberate and thoughtful. You effectively communicate your ideas verbally and visually, gather and synthesize feedback, and create elegant design solutions ready for implementation, all in a collaborative and iterative environment.
You’re comfortable operating as the sole designer in a fast-paced environment. You’re excited to learn new things and adapt to changes as your company grows. You’re fully engaged, able to set priorities and drive activity through completion. You’re comfortable making strategic design decisions that can effectively support your customers while optimizing for your business.
Your job in a nutshell:
- You will lead product design efforts by closely collaborating with your team and stakeholders, iteratively.
- You will lead the team through user-centric design processes, and be an advocate for customer empathy
- You will develop user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to help validate ideas
- You will translate brand tenets into elegant user interface design
- You will develop design systems and style guides that are accessible to the product team
- You will help build and tell the product story better through visual assets, presentation decks and printed collateral.
This job might be for you if you are…
- Able to analyze behaviors and workflows, identify patterns and develop intuitive design systems
- Not afraid to speak up and challenge conventional wisdom
- Comfortable making strategic design decisions in short order, based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to effectively articulate your thoughts via visual, written and verbal channels
- A collaborator who supports the team and stakeholders solve problems
- Capable of holding your own in the visual department and can deliver implementation ready assets that are both cohesive with the brand and the overall user experience of the product
- Okay to roll with the punches sometimes
- Takes a high-level view of the environment/ecosystem and designs solutions that fit neatly and function smoothly as integral parts within the whole
- Able to balance great design with customer understanding to build understandable, innovative solutions to existing industry workflows.
Additionally, we would love for you to have…
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and deliver intuitive design solutions
- Proficiency in industry-standard UX design practices (user research/testing, user flows/scenarios, wireframes, information architecture, etc)
- Strong foundations in design fundamentals
- An appetite to test, learn, iterate, and improve
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, invision or any other design tool that can help you articulate your ideas
- 5+ years of relevant digital product design experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Design or UX-related field of study or equivalent professional experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit a portfolio that shows off the breadth of your capabilities including your process and end product executions.