Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Senior Product Designer at Convoy, you'll be designing the future for shippers, truckers and operations specialists across our marketplace. Our tools are used by thousands of customers in our digital freight network, and your designs will directly impact how our partners get their jobs done.
At Convoy, we practice user centered design. In fact, customer focus is so important, it’s one of our company’s core values - Start with the customer. By understanding our users, and their needs, ambitions and pain points, you’ll craft solutions that create the next industry-leading generation of freight tools. By partnering with designers and stakeholders alike, you’ll work collaboratively to cross-examine complex problems and find innovative ways to streamline and simplify the world of transportation logistics.
- Serve as a design team leader, where you will originate, own, and drive large, complex projects end-to-end, frequently leading other team members and aligning stakeholders inside and outside their product area
- Take a leading role in setting the design and product vision for your part of the marketplace, defining what projects the team works on, and providing direction to members of the team across various functions
- Drive design cycles for your product team, from discovery and definition to creation and results
- Partner with team members and stakeholders to uncover new insights that evolve into world-class customer experiences
- Collaborate with designers, developers, PMs and data scientists across the organization
- Proactively create and evolve our product design language and customer-facing UX
- Maintain high quality design deliverables while innovating with intention
- Evolve and improve our design team by bringing your knowledge and authentic self to every interaction
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 6-8 years of experience as a Product or UX Designer
- Expertise with tools within the UI and prototyping space including Figma, Sketch, InVision, Dovetail, Miro, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of UX research methodologies with an ability to facilitate sessions, connect with customers, and synthesize results
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Cross-platform design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- Systems that help improve customer service
- Getting new products from zero to one and/or iteratively taking products from good to great
- Mentoring early and mid-career designers
- Influencing product roadmap and strategy
- Leveraging customer data to guide product decisions
- Designing for complex scenarios and information displays
Nice to have:
- Experience with FinTech, Data+Analytics, or products that aid in financial transactions
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!