Senior Product Designer
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp design team is looking for a highly experienced Senior/Principal Product Designer to bring fresh ideas and insights to help evolve the OfferUp experience. You are someone with a desire for creating elegant UX that delights our customers with simplicity - making them come back to OfferUp over and over again. Your designs will touch millions of users!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Experienced creative UX Designer who creates compelling digital experiences through user testing, analysis, observation, information architecture, mockups, prototyping and interaction.
- 8+ years of design experience with the ability to provide guidance and lead by example to foster a culture of collaboration and growth.
- Obsessed with User Experience where you do the right thing for users.
- Solve user problems through design.
- You will have pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Being able to create user stories looking at business and product goals while translating usage data and real life interactions to simple and intuitive front-end experiences.
- Work cross functionally ensure vision meets solution.
- Critically minded, investigative, inspiring, convincing and with a can-do mentality.
- Ability to work with users and subject matter experts to define and understand audience behavior.
- Strong understanding of mobile application design.
- We are firm believers in agile principles - you must adapt to change, opportunity, and deadlines with ease.
- An expert understanding of your tools: Communication, Paper and Pencil, Whiteboard, Sketch 3, Illustrator, Photoshop, Marvel, InVision, Pixate, After Effects, or similar.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.