Senior Product Designer at Apptio
Do you thrive at the intersection between users, data, technology, and design? Do you leverage user insights to craft intuitive, thoughtful, and delightful experiences? Do you crave a positive environment of supportive, hardworking, and passionate designers who inspire each other to take their craft to the next level?
If so, we're looking for an innovative and driven Senior Product Designer. A systems-oriented thinker who is equally happy solving multi-faceted user problems as they are obsessing over the finer points of a micro-interaction. A person who believes a great day is one in which they learned something new that has helped them advance their craft.What you'll do
- Work with internal partners to gather insights around use cases, business needs, success metrics, and product interdependencies.
- Use data to innovate big ideas, but your portfolio validates that small details and taste are just as important to you.
- Transform business problems into user experience opportunities, ultimately designing, testing and launching usable, useful and delightful solutions.
- Develop clear design strategies for how, what and when to test an experience.
- Demonstrate tried and true practices, but when necessary you invent the new standard.
- Bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet know how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
- Be a champion for the team by working hard, respectfully and humbly earning trust and respect from your colleagues and managers.
- Mentor designers and inspire the team by setting a great example.
- Demonstrate tried and true practices, but when necessary invent a new standard.
- Constantly sketch and explore the spectrum of possibilities.
- Be well versed in responsive web and native mobile standards, but won't let those limit your ability to innovate.
- Be rewarded and acknowledged for doing great work.
- Be equal part Interaction Designer, Visual Designer and Prototyper.
- Prototype your ideas and get them in front of users so you can learn and iterate towards excellence.
- Be the difference that moves us from good to great.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in web (responsive desired), native mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
- Experience with entire product design lifecycle.
- Experience as the the designer responsible for partnering with product managers and developers.
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- In depth knowledge of design principles and experience simplifying complex systems.
- Extensive knowledge in product design including multi-screen layout, final production art, information design, typography, color, composition, flows and UI specifications.(Beautifully crafted data visualization skills, knowledge or experience is a plus)
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to present ideas to various audiences.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- A portfolio that demonstrate an ability to create products that are as easy to use as they are beautiful.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Parking Employee
- Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Free Beverages and Snacks
- Disability Insurance
- Internship programs
- Health Saving Account
- Mentorship and coaching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Apptio/Vista Software University
- Public Transportation Reimbursement
*US only. For regional details, please consult your recruiter.