Senior UX Designer
Pro.com is looking for a Senior UX Designer in Seattle with a history of discovering, driving, and designing successful experiences for users that are as intuitive and delightful as they are functional and effective.
Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most technologically savvy, convenient and reliable customer-centric provider of services for the home. We’re leading the future of construction with a tech-enabled approach, relentless process refinement and an obsession with creating an excellent customer experience.
As a UX designer at Pro.com, you will be expected to:
- Be a champion for the user and for creating great customer experiences throughout the company.
- Solve problems at a macro level (systems, journeys) and micro level (interactions, content)
- Communicate quickly in the appropriate fidelity--from whiteboards to prototypes--to iterate on ideas, forge clarity, and test assumptions.
- Consistently evaluate and explore options, synthesizing and incorporating feedback as appropriate.
- Effectively articulate your thoughts in person and in writing to drive decisions with team members.
- Own and drive generative research to help define product vision and strategy, and evaluative research of our design solutions.
- Collaborate hand-in-hand with engineering (local and remote) and consider technical factors like complexity and scalability in creating and delivering designs.
- Roll with the punches (We are a startup, and startups can be full of ambiguity and challenges).
- Develop the necessary UX artifacts to deliver great products, including maps, flows, wireframes, interaction models, detailed designs, and prototypes.
- Help create and utilize strong, comprehensive standards, styles and design patterns to improve collaboration, performance, and the customer experience.
- Intense belief in focusing on the customer
- Strong proficiency in UX principles, tools, and practices
- Proven experience designing for web and mobile
- Experience with modern design and prototyping tools, and a willingness to trial and adopt new ones
- A critical eye and proficiency in visual design principles and techniques
- Experience conducting actionable user research
- Competitive benefits (medical/dental/vision/life/etc)
- Unlimited PTO
- Company stock options
- Catered lunch 1x/wk
- Stocked kitchenette
- Whatever computer gear you need to succeed
- Fantastic downtown office location
- A learning budget
- Hardworking/customer-focused peers