Senior UX Designer
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
As a Senior UX designer at PitchBook, we make amazing products that impact the decisions shaping our global economy. In just over 10 years, PitchBook has grown into a 1000+-person organization. Since the beginning, UX has been part of our company's DNA.
Come be part of a team that supports and challenges each other to make better products everyday. At PitchBook, the UX Designer, is involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, from brainstorming the next great innovation to finessing design and working with the development teams through launch. Designers use their full range of user research, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to be a true advocate for our users. We will work across desktop, mobile and web browser extensions and use AI and machine learning to push the frontiers of the possible.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Create high standard design solutions that address and fulfill business, brand and user requirements
- Communicate design ideas through low-fidelity sketches, prototypes and mockups to pixel-perfect comps
- Work closely with Product Managers to create functional specifications for development
- Develop new features and work to improve the functionality, usability and discoverability of current features in the product
- Identify user needs and produce designs centered on our users' behaviors and motivations.
- Basic user testing of prototypes and beta products
- At least 4 years of experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Employ knowledge of modern web and mobile best practices to create world-class web and mobile experiences
- Passion for usability and user experience
- Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, organize priorities and communicate across departments
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make appropriate product decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate and support design decisions and how they add value to the product
- Strong user experience and visual design portfolio
- Easygoing, driven, and passionate
- Strong skills with Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals of typography, composition and color as well as experience with data visualizations
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.