Senior UX Designer
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for understanding the needs of the user and business then translating them into design solutions and helping turn them into digital products. As a Senior UX Designer, you will guide web and mobile projects through the UX design process from start-to-finish. Projects will be based on our product roadmap and defined by a Product Manager. You must be able to capture all interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences using user flows, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes. You will collaborate with our UX Research team with user testing the prototypes you’ve created and iterate based on the findings. You should be comfortable with an agile approach to design and be comfortable with rapid iteration. Besides Product Managers, you’ll work closely with a team of researchers, developers and other UX Designers.
What's the job really?
- Identify problems and solve them through design. Utilize design thinking, user research and business strategy to help drive the best design solutions for our customer needs.
- Have a thorough understanding of Zipwhip’s existing product UX across platforms and ensure any future iterations are created for a cohesive experience.
- Collaboratively brainstorm and whiteboard a feature’s UX with the Product Manager and other stakeholders.
- Visualize your research by creating customer journeys, user scenarios and wireframes based on requirements from Product Management, and communicate UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Create detailed mockups and prototypes for user testing with end users and visual specs to handoff to development team.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and visual communication and presentation skills and articulate a point of view.
- Incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in the UX software product design field, with experience in SaaS products
- Designing and shipping successful digital products and services across multiple platforms (web, desktop, mobile)
- Strong design strategy and problem-solving ability amidst complex challenges
- A passion for, and understanding of user-centered design and interaction design principles.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision and Framer, plus the ability and openness to adopting emerging tools and technologies.
- Skilled in creating deliverables including interaction design documentation, rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines and annotated comps.
- Self-motivation and excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to help teammates, share knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.