Senior UX Designer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer whose work reflects a deep passion for empowering people to create world-class content, a deep curiosity for exploring new product paradigms, an affinity for designing cohesive experiences, a sensible and thorough pursuit of user-delight, and a track record for delivering thoughtful and iconic products. Being highly creative and enthusiastic with a love for solving design problems at all levels - from big picture thinking, to interactive prototypes, to detailed design - is a must. We need a designer who leads by doing, someone who likes to take on challenging problems, effectively collaborate across disciplines, tell moving stories, and inspire our organization.
The Senior UX Designer is a thought leader and creative problem solver. Experience with and understanding how a productivity/creation tool works across multiple product areas is key. They must be an organized yet creative thinker with a good sense of the overall UX goal and principles of a tool like Unity and then able to collaboratively develop the roadmap to achieving it.
The Senior UX Designer is an excellent verbal and visual communicator, with the flexibility and patience to try new things. They must understand the way creators use Unity today and identify opportunities for holistically improve the overall user experience.
- Work with designers, product engineers, and product managers to holistically create a friendly and intuitive user experience.
- Identify, distill, and curate common UX patterns and work with peers and stakeholders to cross-pollinate and drive them into the product.
- Partner with design leaders across the company to evolve Unity’s Design System and apply it to the Unity Editor as needed.
- Work with user research to continually pursue customer satisfaction with usability studies and testing.
- Create user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback, and user research insights.
- 8+ years of experience in UX design in technical domains, e.g. productivity or developer tools.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, etc., or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in UX architecture, interaction and visual design.
- Must know industry best practices for desktop application design and usability.
- Must be a capable leader who can motivate others to follow the UX team's vision and follow through on delivery.
- Must be diplomatic and capable of resolving disputes in a responsible manner in line with the company culture and values.
Who We Are // About Unity
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.