Senior UX Designer
About the Role:
As Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering product experiences from early-stage concepts through final design. Our team has a unique opportunity to help modernize RealSelf’s product experience as we look to simplify and elevate our web and mobile app products. This role works directly with a sprint team, so you will collaborate with a product manager, engineers, content, data science, user research and visual design. This full-time position reports to the Senior UX Manager in our Seattle office.
The Senior UX Designer who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
In this role you will:
- Actively collaborate with your Product Manager to deeply understand business and product goals
- Lead the experience strategy for your product team, contributing first-class designs with little oversight. Use qualitative & quantitative research data to make informed decisions through a user-centred design approach
- Partner with dev manager/developers to understand technical limitations & communicate solutions
- Create deliverables that clearly communicate your solutions & rationale. Includes (but not limited to) sketches, wireframes, mocks, flows, IA, personas, discovery findings, and prototypes
- Partner with other UX designers to ensure the overarching experience is consistent and knowledge is actively shared
- Stay on top of industry trends. Propose innovative, engaging solutions
- Share your knowledge & mentor
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer with a demonstrable history of owning the design process from early-stage ideation through high-fidelity design
- A strong online portfolio that reveals deep knowledge of user-centered design in both UX and visual design principles
- A curious, critical, holistic thinker. You are able to articulate complex ideas with humility & humor
- Have a strong understanding of research methods, and willingness to partner with UXR & data teams
- Strong communication & storytelling skills
- Able to digest input, feedback & criticism objectively to make thoughtful decisions
- Ability to work in a rapid test & learn, highly agile environment. You experiment often, fail fast, and optimize UX using AB testing
- Experience in responsive web & native app design
- Expert knowledge in Sketch & InVision
- Independent, organized & able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Knowledge of React & Storybook is a plus
- A strong visual design aesthetic is a plus
No travel anticipated
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.