Senior UX Researcher at Axon
- You will lead all research for your product, be a resource for methods and techniques, and a strategic partner to Product Management and Engineering
- Meeting with stakeholders to define an upcoming usability study,
- Analyze survey results and put together a presentation for stakeholders
- Talk to a Product Designer and Product Manager about how to best address a usability issue uncovered in a recent usability study
- Update your research roadmap and share it with senior leadership
- Review the latest build and talk to an Engineer about a bug you found
- Attend a Product Design team meeting and discuss open usability questions that need to get answered
- Answer a question from a Product Manager about appropriate sample size or which method to use
- Refine a persona based on customer feedback
- Conduct a usability session with a user
- Lead UX Research for one or more products.
- Be a founding member of the UX Research team and help build the discipline at the company.
- Define and drive both qualitative as well as quantitative user data gathering efforts to effectively inform product planning, design and development.
- Build and maintain a research roadmap and a regular cadence of gathering user data.
- Drive the process of defining a set of satisfaction/pulse check criteria to measure product effectiveness, satisfaction and engagement.
- Evolve user persona documentation over time.
- Evolve best practices for recruiting participants, attending usability sessions and accessing usability research recommendations.
- Inspire the company at all levels to gather better user data and to act on it appropriately.
- Educate the company on research methodologies.
- Mentor other UX and Product team members around effective qualitative and quantitative user data gathering methods.
- 6+ conducting effective user research by applying a broad range of methodologies including in-person and remote usability testing, site visits, paper prototype testing, concept testing, survey design, diary studies, and contextual inquiries
- Master's degree in one of these disciplines: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data
- Must love diving into complex user research problems
- Extensive end-to-end experience with all aspects of usability research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Solid experience working closely with UX Design, Product, and Engineering teams on gathering and implementation of research recommendations
- Experience with defining and reporting on product instrumentation or analytics data is considered a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is considered a plus
- You have a portfolio that includes examples of strategic research with significant business outcome
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...