Senior UX Researcher
- Conduct formative and evaluative product research across the product lifecycle.
- Be scrappy and comfortable getting the answers you need without a lab.
- Conduct qualitative research: usability testing, concept testing, ethnography/contextual inquiry, observation, in-depth interviews.
- Conduct VoC research: surveys/questionnaires, feedback forums, customer support contacts, focus groups, etc.
- Highlight user insights and behavior trends.
- Conduct conversation and ZD ticket analysis to understand the “why” of issues identified in the product.
- Synthesize research to identify product use cases and user types.
- Influence product direction and strategy using actionable research insights.
- Create narratives to frame problems and highlight ROI of potential solutions.
- Help shape the long term vision and experience of the platform.
- Build and scale an internal knowledge share to help us stay connected to our users.
- Bachelors or Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Psychology, Information Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry UX Researcher, Analyst, or similar role experience demonstrated in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Proven record of having successfully influenced product direction and strategy using actionable insights synthesized from research learnings.
- Expert knowledge of multi-method research methodologies that span the product development life cycle from concept to launch such as lab studies, field research, iterative prototype testing, and surveys/questionnaires.
- Extensive experience with research design and statistical analysis including issues related to hypothesis testing – in particular, sample size evaluation and confidence in results.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the field of UX research.
- Experience working in the context of a two-sided marketplace.
- Mastery of survey tools (e.g. SurveyMonkey, Qualaroo) and familiarity with analytics languages (e.g. SQL).
- A passion for mentoring and developing other researchers and designers at Rover.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year