Senior Visual Designer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join our Brand Design Team within our larger Design Org. You will work collaboratively with other brand and digital designers to create a cohesive brand experience for our users. You will work closely with stakeholders and agencies, providing feedback and art direction.
As a senior, you are a trusted design lead and will drive design strategy for our team and domain, understanding how to maximize the business impact in your design decisions. You will be responsible for leading large strategic brand initiatives, presenting ideas to leadership, evolving our visual identity, and producing high-quality visuals from concept to execution across a variety of mediums, including print, digital, and experiential. You consistently drive innovation and use data and customer insights to create incremental changes over time.
Success in this role will be someone who can work autonomously and thrives on pushing boundaries, constantly innovating, and thinking systematically to solve larger design challenges. You have the ability to influence multiple parts of the organization and reach good solutions through design thinking and great communication skills. You also love sharing your learnings with others, whether it’s internally with the team, or publishing thought leadership content for the larger design community. If all of this sounds exciting, then this role might be a great fit for you!
Your Role And Impact
Our Brand Design Team is responsible for the breadth of how our product and company are communicated to the world and we strive for excellence and innovation within every aspect of this brand communication. Your responsibilities include helping to maintain brand consistency within the design team and internal stakeholders. You will work on and lead projects related to brand development and high-visibility cross-channel campaigns. Your work will strengthen and evolve the Auth0 brand to create a provocative and reputable brand identity that speaks to our customers and current/future employees.
- Conceptualize and lead large, strategic brand initiatives.
- Create a cohesive brand experience based on our brand evolution.
- Drive the design vision and strategy for high-visibility campaigns and projects.
- Manage and evolve visual systems that support brand consistency across the entire customer journey.
- Produce thought leadership content both internally and externally.
- Create systems and guidelines to solve large design challenges.
- Manage agency relationships and provide them with art direction.
- Conceptualize and design cross-channel campaigns ranging from (but not limited to) print, digital, email, ABM, swag, and experiential.
- Advocate and champion the brand within Auth0, promote and enforce brand guidelines, and contribute to Auth0’s design thought leadership.
- Stand out among your peers with excellent design skills and eye in graphic design, typography, photography, illustration, layouts & grids, motion, and experiential design.
- Bring a human-centered mentality to every challenge in every channel for our audiences
- Provide design direction and mentorship for junior designers.
- Help facilitate an environment where rigorous critique is welcomed, but where psychological safety and creative openness is maintained.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and self-prioritize workload autonomously.
- Minimum of 4 years of visual design experience in a related industry.
- Experience working in an in-house design team environment.
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A portfolio you’re proud of that demonstrates strategic thinking, creativity, cross-functional collaboration, and amazing design chops, specifically related to branding, experiential, layout design, etc.
- Superb attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship.
- Strong interpersonal skills, time and project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills.
- High level of accountability and motivation, and receptiveness to feedback.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working in a remote environment.
- A love for creating beautiful and functional design systems and strategies that can play out across a range of channels and mediums.
- And finally (but just as importantly), being passionate about Auth0’s values of collaboration, data-driven experimentation, innovation, and giving a shit! :)
- Are currently located in the United States or Canada.
- #US; #CA;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description