Senior Visual Designer
As a Senior Visual Designer, you’re more than just a craftsperson, you’re a professional who understands how critical visual design is to storytelling, and you can skillfully weave your talents and experience into results.
At This Place, our designers are also skilled at interaction design and strategic thinking. You’ll work closely from conception through final design with interaction and communication designers, strategists, developers, and project managers to deliver compelling, user-centered design experiences and products for global brands.
We look for designers who see digital as one facet of a larger design discipline, and who recognize other forms of visual communication—fine art, graphic and industrial design, information graphics, animation, photography—as potential components of a creative solution.
Does this describe you, your experience, and your passion? If so, let’s talk!
- Create mood boards, concepts, page-level designs and design-level prototypes for websites, applications, wearable devices, interactive installations and data visualizations
- Apply an understanding of how visual and UX/ID concerns and requirements differ between platforms, devices, and channels
- Work within established brand guidelines or participate in concepting and designing net-new branding (color palettes, typography, logos and iconography)
- Lead the creation of style guides, redlines and/or other documentation necessary for final delivery to client or handoff to development
- Be an eloquent storyteller when presenting work to internal teams and to clients, encouraging collaborative dialogue and building consensus around solutions
- Support and guide junior designers on your projects
- Contribute to the development of best practices and standards at This Place
- 5+ years professional experience designing interfaces for digital products as well as websites, mobile, and web applications
- A visually compelling online portfolio that demonstrates impeccable craft, and an eye for detail
- A capacity for strategic, conceptual, and associative thinking and the ability to translate this thinking into compelling visual designs and supporting documentation
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Proficiency with existing interactive technology, and curiosity about emerging technologies
- Fluency in visual and motion design, UX and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Framer, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must be able to speak thoughtfully about design, and clearly articulate concepts and design decisions
- Works equally well independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Ability to travel if, and when, required
This Place offers a generous benefits package!
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees
- Competitive salary and generous PTO policy
- Summer and winter conference
- 10 paid holidays
- Fun Fremont location
- Maternity/paternity benefits for those with at least 6 months of service