Service Designer - Contract 6-9 Months at Getty Images
Who You Are:
- A strategic problem-solver. You consider multiple perspectives, objectives, and needs to arrive at the ideal solution. You’re business-savvy while keeping your users’ needs at the forefront of your designs.
- A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts.
- A proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to solve problems and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, informing your manager of progress appropriately.
- A storyteller. You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Detail Oriented. You impress your teammates with the ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- Flexible. You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat, you are adaptable and welcome change.
- A master craftsperson. You dream about user flows, end-to-end service design, and customer insights. You are proficient using tools like Figma and can efficiently use your skill set to develop new designs within existing systems and design languages.
What You’ll Bring:
- Knowledge of human-centered design and UX practices. Use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative workshop design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frame working) to strategically define ideal experiences.
- A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of User Experience Design including (but not limited to): service blueprints, user flows, journey mapping, and translating customer research, analytics, and insights into visual artifacts.
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Understanding of an Agile development process.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with User Experience design and core Service Design methods and processes
- At least 1 year of experience using Sketch or Figma
- At least 1 year of experience with prototyping tools
- At least 1 year of experience with Design Thinking, Lean UX, or similar framework that focuses on defining user needs early
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Strong communicator and must be able to present ideas confidently
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops with cross-functional teams
- At least 5 years of experience working with medium to large teams
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.