Sr. Presentation Designer
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Designers
Leafly is seeking a senior designer specializing in presentation design to support our executive, sales, marketing, and product teams. The right person for this role thrives on creating visually engaging solutions to tell complex stories for large and small audiences. If you are someone with an eye for detail who is grounded in strategic brand thinking and are comfortable working with researchers, designers, product developers, and senior executives, then this is a great role for you.
As part of our team, you will work in a multidisciplinary product team to create useful, meaningful, and cohesive presentations rooted in relevancy, simplicity, and delight.
Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop compelling and provocative visual presentation design that gets attention
- Synthesize on-trend design thinking with data-driven communications
- Develop presentation strategy and design for high-profile events
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure presentation resources exist to support teams
- Help shape the visual toolkit and materials for both communications
- Ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written format
- Creative and conceptual presentation design, a strong ability for visual storytelling
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Technically savvy, a whiz at figuring out solutions on-the-fly to tricky issues
- Portfolio that illustrates your process of evaluating user interface problems, thinking processes, and resulting content solutions informed by data and practice is required
- BA/BS with design or communications-related major preferred
- Experience with creating presentations for both small and large audiences required
- Experienced in graphing and charting
- Strong composition skills
- Ability to create clear and intuitive directions for user to flow through tasks with ease
- Experience explaining and defending the strategy to cross-functional team members
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Expert in Apple Keynote, including animation
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description