Sorry, this job was removed at 8:39 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 8, 2020
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who you are:
You’re an accomplished Product Designer looking for your next challenge. You thrive on close collaboration within cross-functional teams, relishing the opportunity to bring the customer perspective into team reviews and discussions. You’ll draw on all aspects of your design skills as you shift between product design, interaction design, and visual design projects. And you’ll help elevate your team’s work by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. You’re a confident designer who backs up design decisions with well thought-out rationale and you’re just as comfortable leading projects as you are supporting them.
What you’ll do:
· Influence your team’s roadmap and contribute to high-level strategic decisions in collaboration with design, product and engineering leadership.
· Partner closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, engineers, analysts and researchers to directly impact and drive solutions for problems of large scope and complexity from conception to launch (and then some).
· Create thoughtful solutions that consider the entire customer experience journey/narrative.
· Bring clarity to ambiguity as you facilitate team discussions and activities, exercising high customer-centric judgement in your day to day design decisions.
· Support and mentor team members at varying levels, providing feedback and guidance to help them develop professionally.
· Navigate a fast-paced agile environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
· Work within an established design system while contributing to its evolution – crafting consistent, high-quality designs that are both highly aesthetic and easy to use.
· Understand and incorporate relevant narratives into proposals and presentations, translating insights into unique solutions.
· Tell compelling stories with a solution-selling approach when sharing designs and decisions with internal teams, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
· Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, managers, stakeholders and your cross-functional team to continually raise the bar on quality.
What you’ll need:
· At least 7 years of experience in Product Design with products that have been released to market.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
· Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, with deep expertise in at least two product design disciplines including: interaction design, visual design, information architecture, visual design, and front-end development.
· A solid history of outstanding design work and a portfolio of strong examples with stories of how your end-to-end design approach and role led to meaningful improvements.
· Proven ability to manage multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
· Ability to balance being a key partner, who is empathetic towards their peers and seeks consensus, with being a strong advocate and champion for design.
· Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.