At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $10 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Designer with a diverse and broad skill set in interaction and visual design who delivers extraordinary customer experiences. You can easily transition from contributing to product vision, to designing the overall experience, to designing UI elements, to sitting with customers doing usability testing. You were mobile-first 5 years ago. Now you’re ready to holistically design a mobile experience that immigrants love and tell all their friends about.
To be successful in this role, you will need to think big in terms of product vision and small in terms of getting every detail and animation right. You enjoy working through a lean product design process: delivering quickly on high fidelity mockups, prototypes, and design assets, and iterating often based on insights from customers. You’ll surprise and delight the team and customers with your creativity and clarity of thought. You can start from existing components, or demonstrate when a new component is required to quickly give form to a great product. You’ll work side by side with a product manager, an analyst, and an engineering team who all firmly believe that design is an equal partner to engineering in creating a great product and that your role is about creating not only how our product looks, but also how it works.
- Get to know and design for our customers
- Design and deliver product UI and UX assets (mockups, redlines, design elements, specifications, etc.)
- Develop and present product prototypes
- Generate and help vet product ideas
- Assist and sometimes lead design research projects to better understand our customers
- Iterate designs based on customer insights from both qualitative and quantitative design research
- Design scalable systems and patterns for our native application customer experiences and responsive web
- Be a contributor in Design System definition and refinement
- Be and advocate for mobile application best practices
- Review and provide feedback for others’ work
- Demonstrated experience (e.g. a strong portfolio from about 10 years in a similar role) in designing beautiful and engaging consumer experiences across multiple platforms, especially mobile.
- A passion for people and cultures
- A positive attitude
- An ability to deliver for impact and outcomes, not just output
- A highly developed instinct for how experiences reinforce brand preference
- An eagerness to learn, grow, adapt, expand your skills, and try new things
- Flexibility and openness to critique
- Ability to take initiative, act within ambiguity, and deliver “end-to-end”
- Solid knowledge of modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer X, InVision, etc.)
- An understanding of motion, animation, and fluidity — how they contribute to the experience
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data theories and how to apply knowledge to execution within a A/B testing framework
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer