Sr. UX Designer
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX Designer who has strong skills in UX and some visual design. We need someone who brings solid experience shipping intuitive web and mobile products and is an advocate for great UX across the company. This full-time position reports to a Lead UX Designer at our Seattle office.
In this role you will:
- Lead the experience strategy and user experience design on a cross-disciplinary product team, contributing first class designs with little oversight
- Use qualitative and quantitative user research data to make informed decisions through a user-centered design approach
- Partner with other designers to ensure the overarching experience is consistent and knowledge is being shared
- Work with the Lead UX Designer and Sr. Director of UX to ensure the overall UX vision is integrated and supported in the solution
- Create sketches, wireframes, mocks, flows, IA, personas, discovery findings, and prototypes. Prepare assets, development handoff instructions, and production tasks to deliver pixel perfect design work.
- Create project deliverables that clearly communicate the experience strategy, and rationale behind it
- Actively collaborate with Product Managers to strategize and deeply understand business and product goals
- Collaborate with developers to understand technical limitations and communicate solutions
- Stay on top of industry trends, and evaluate innovative design approaches to develop internal innovation and engaging solutions
- Actively contribute to brainstorms & ideation work sessions
- Mentor other UX designers
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You are an experienced designer who is looking for a place where you can grow your portfolio and experience, as well as influence newer designers. You are looking for a place where you can call home and influence a company’s design as it continues to grow.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- A consumer-web background with least 5-7 years of web and mobile UX design experience, and a strong portfolio to match that demonstrates deep knowledge of both UX and VisD principles
- Created mobile-first responsive experiences for sites, with some experience designing for native apps
- A strong understanding of research methods. By working with researchers and data team members, you actively use these methods to get to the answers you need to make great design decisions
- A strong understanding of how web technologies work and the ability to discuss trade-off possibilities with your sprint team
- The ability to equally weigh business and ux goals. Should have strong experience in prioritization discussions, design strategy, and product strategy.
- The ability to digest input, feedback and criticism objectively to make thoughtful decisions
- A familiarity with data driven design, able to evaluate metrics quickly and efficiently. Gather, use, and articulate data effectively in design ideation, iteration, and rationale
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility and humor
- Independent, organized and able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience using Sketch app
With your application submission, please include a link to your portfolio.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.