Sr. UX Writer
About the Role:
We’re seeking an innovative writer to develop UX copy and content that makes good on our brand promise of helping consumers make smart decisions.
As a Senior UX Writer at RealSelf, you’ll collaborate closely with our Product, SEO, UX Design, and Research teams to identify content needs and fill them in strategic, scalable, and impactful ways. You’ll craft and optimize copy and content that brings clarity to a complicated topic, giving our consumers the facts they need to make the right choice for themselves.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our Product and UX teams to ensure we have the right content in place for new features
- Develop new short and long-form content that meets the evolving needs of our consumers
- Incorporate the RealSelf brand voice into messaging for different audiences
- Take a strategic approach to setting priorities for developing new content and optimizing legacy offerings
- Run tests that yield actionable insights for optimizing messaging, layouts, distribution channels, and our overarching content strategy
- Demonstrate data-driven content decisions
- Show a deep understanding of how skillfully executed content helps us hit our high-level business goals
Our environment is fun and collaborative, but it’s also fast-paced, so we need someone who’s comfortable driving and executing on content development from end-to-end. If you thrive on hitting ambitious goals and being a key player on a whip-smart team, we want to talk to you.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing, Digital Communications, or a related field
- 7+ years experience in online journalism, content marketing, e-commerce writing, or content development
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities
- Expertise in mobile-first content development
- Deep experience with A/B content and message testing, analysis, and optimization
- Proficiency with a varied set of software and editing tools
- Excellent organizational skills
It’s essential for us to see your work, so we’ll only consider applications with three or more recent writing samples that demonstrate an aptitude for consumer-facing communications.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
Millions of people from around the world visit RealSelf each month to browse patient reviews, before and after photos, and medical expert answers to discover which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being “Worth It.” RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.