Sr. Visual Designer
Our UX Team is looking for an experienced Senior Visual Designer to bring the RealSelf brand to life through functional, elegant user experiences. This role will be critical for elevating our customer experience across our web and mobile app products. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong eye for design who can balance blue sky ideation with holistic systems thinking. This role collaborates closely with UX designers, user research, product managers, engineers and marketing. This full-time position reports to the Director of Product Design at our Seattle office.
The Senior Visual Designer who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category, and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
In this role you will:
- Develop visual mock-ups, interactive prototypes, iconography, and pixel-perfect designs and assets
- Build, grow and evolve our design language system through digital style guides and pattern libraries
- Work directly with user experience designers and engineers to mentor and ensure designs are consistent within our brand and design language system
- Partner with Consumer Marketing to develop a visual asset library of photography and illustrations, and execute cross-channel campaigns
- Use motion, iconography, typography, color, and space to modernize our customer experience
- Validate decisions through user research, quantitative data and design best practices; incorporate findings applying a test and learn approach
About You: We are looking for an individual with a strong design aesthetic who can help us raise the bar on developing a modern customer experience. You embrace ambiguity and change and want to have an impact. You’re also honing your storytelling skills, practicing your future TedTalk in the bathroom mirror.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 4+ years of experience as a visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Ability to design visual design systems and user interactions from scratch that can scale
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design across platforms, understand user needs and a great eye for visual design including color, typography, visual hierarchy
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, prototyping tools
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to dive into projects head first
- Motion graphic and/or illustration skills are a plus
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.