UI/UX Designer (Contract)
About the Role:
As a UI/UX Designer (5+ years) you will create responsive designs for a complex, web-based administrative interface that is delivered across desktop, tablet and mobile browsers. It is critical that you have experience creating elegant, clean and innovative designs that focus on user experience, customer usability and the presentation of data.
To be successful you will be, first and foremost, a strong visual designer with a background in data visualization, interaction design and web applications. Prior to providing finished and dev-ready comps, you will translate user needs and feedback into innovative designs and communicate design thinking with product management and development teams via flow charts, wireframes, and prototypes. In this role, you will need to have recent and extensive working experience with complex, modern and feature-rich web applications.
You should be proficient with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.); prototyping tools such as InVision and Axure; and familiar with front-end web development (HTML and CSS) – at a minimum, you will understand web constraints. Experience with Flash, HTML5, gamification and/or game design is a bonus.
We have a goal to make our administrative tool intuitive, useful, elegant and enjoyable to use. To accomplish this goal, you will act as a user advocate and work to evolve the administrative application by enhancing navigation, creating a visual language including color schemas and iconography, all while minding cross-device constraints. Data visualization is a primary aspect of the administrative tool, as such you will be designing a variety of reports (e.g. charts, graphs, etc.) that capture the essence of our brand while concisely communicating pertinent and actionable information in an intuitive way.
What You'll be Doing:
What You'll be Doing:
- Work on the architecture, design, and support of digital products.
- Contribute to the overall Educator Experience primarily through the web-based, reporting dashboard.
- Work with the broader design team to support improved UX across our entire portfolio.
- Support the asset creation of production-ready assets.
- Adhere to and Contribute to the advancement of visual guidelines, templates, stylesheets, etc.
- Participate in User Feedback (e.g. usability studies) Sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related areas.
- 3-5 years of product design experience.
- Experience working in a product-focused role.
- This is a product-focused role.
- Usability and Interaction Design: This is definitely a designer position, but with a particular skillset of usability, interactions and flow.
- Visual Communication: Strong skills in quickly mocking up ideas and clearly presenting complex information simply.
- Proficient in early-process techniques such as wireframing and flowcharts.
- Proficient in creating highly interactive and engaging prototypes.
- Strong ability to incorporate purposeful animations to support engagement and understanding of interactions.
- Proficient with creating dev-ready assets, documentation, and handoff.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Proficient with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Proficient with prototyping software such as Invision, Axure, etc.
To be considered, please have an online portfolio that demonstrates your experience and design thinking.
Read Full Job Description