Unity Technical Artist
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, seeks a Unity Technical Artist with creative and technical expertise to develop challenging Unity scenes. Niantic is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco, Seattle and Tokyo. You will be responsible for working with Unity and other graphics tools to merge the virtual with the real world.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Help build rapid protypes of experimental features using Unity 3D or other mobile platform tools.
- Iterate on Unity 3D scene implementation to finalize product and other creative requirements.
- Help create performant graphics shaders for awesome visuals.
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams.
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine.
- Expert in scripting with C# within the Unity environment.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects sequences.
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms.
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting) a plus.
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio a plus.
- BS or MS degree in design, games-related or technical field is a plus.
- Unity 3D, C#, Real-time VFX, Artistic skills
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.