EagleView is the leader in aerial imagery capture and employs Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to touch the lives of users in a growing list of industries. We are a fast-growing technology company-driving game-changing innovation in multibillion-dollar markets-and are poised for unprecedented growth in the next few years.
You will work with our UX staff on projects and directly with cross-functional teams to plan, execute, evaluate and share insights from user testing using a variety of methods. The UX Researcher is responsible for bringing the user's voice to our product development efforts at EagleView, and is considered the resident subject matter expert on our user's needs, goals, motivations and desires.
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a variety of methodologies including face-to-face usability sessions, remote usability, un-moderated testing, card sorting, tree testing, ethnographic methods, and derive persona's
- Own the research process from participant recruiting and screening, scheduling to writing test plans and creating prototypes
- Proactively look for opportunities to engage with project and product teams and act as an evangelist for user research across the company.
- Help build a process for creating UX metrics to measure against and track over time that help illustrate the impact of design changes on the user experience
- Communicate user behaviors and insights in compelling, creative ways, focusing on actionable recommendations
- Implement a User Research Knowledge Repository (DoveTail or similar) as a way of collecting, annotating and sharing insights.
- 8+ years of professional, multi-device CX research experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience working with a variety of research tools, including surveys, card sorting, online testing tools, etc. usertesting.com, UserZoom, Qualtrix, Qualvu.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Able to take a variety of primary and secondary source materials such as site analytics, survey results, user sessions, industry reports and best practices to craft actionable recommendations
- Ability to create low and hi-fidelity prototypes
- Excellent presentation skills
- Curious and creative; enjoy complex issues and problem solving
- Great interpersonal skills and clear communicator
- Ability to work and manage time independently
- Degree in psychology, cognitive science, design, or related field