User Researcher Level II at Expedia Group
User Experience Researcher II
We’re looking for user experience researchers, who can help us craft customer experiences on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As a User Experience Researcher II on the Transportation team, you will work with designers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to build a strategic direction that will transform Expedia’s transportation experience. You will complete studies for your product verticals using a variety of methods including lab testing, remote testing and more. You will collaborate with business partners and design teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present meaningful insights. We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly. If you are a problem solver with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive sciences, this could be the role for you!
What you'll do:
- Define and consolidate qualitative research, including lab-based usability studies, remote usability studies, and field studies to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple product teams to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research studies
- Work with your mentor or manager to identify and recommend the best methods to answer UX product research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings from studies into a concise, impactful story for User Experience and product teams
Who you are:
- Knowledge or experience related to writing detailed study plans including goals, metrics, and study protocol
- Training or practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to articulate qualitative research results trough written and spoken communication
- Ability to execute on individual studies in a timely manner while delivering high quality and accurate results
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day
- An outgoing, persuasive personality with an ability to lead and clarify lateral thinking
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how and why people use our products in the way they do
- A thirst for constant learning and improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Masters degree a plus) or equivalent work experience required
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.