UX Content Strategist III
Do you want to use your content strategy skills to help people go places? Do you enjoy complicated content challenges at enterprise scale? Let's talk about the growing UX content strategy team at Expedia.
As part of our team, you will work in a multidisciplinary design team to co-create useful, meaningful, and cohesive product experiences and narratives rooted in relevancy, simplicity, and delight. In this role, you will define content (photos, descriptions, structured data, user-generated reviews, and more) that helps travelers find local activities, tours, and transportation. You will solve for the presentation of product content in the experience as well as the systems and structure that deliver that product content.
You’re perfect for this role if you’re a blend of information architect, storyteller, UX writer, and content designer. You identify user needs and find the right content to meet those needs using logic, hard data, and empathy for your user to inform your choices. You love competitive analysis and live to bring together your insights into a cohesive strategy. You are immersed in UX and UX process: you aren’t looking for an editorial content creation, social media strategy, or content marketing role.
Specific things you’ll be doing:
- Dig into user research to identify content needs and gaps across multiple stages of the user journey
- Assess competitor content and user experiences for content coverage, quality, gaps, and emerging content trends
- Conceptualize creative ways to use original, licensed, and user-generated content to meet user needs
- Write clear and consistent product content — everything from broad positioning to tooltips to notifications
- Communicate your findings, recommendations, and content specifications through content matrices, user scenarios, presentations, comps, prototypes, and style guides
- Collaborate with Brand teams to craft voice and tone and implement style guides
- Work collaboratively with fellow content strategists as well as designers, engineers, product managers, and many others to conceptualize content-focused experiences and bring your work to life
- Describe and present your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation to varied audiences
- Advocate for content strategy as a discipline within your immediate team and in the organization at large
- Lean on industry standards and trusted methodologies but still experiment
What you bring
Being a strong writer and communicator is a given — you're a designer and words are your design language. You’re also a systems thinker who understands content structure and how to align information across systems and touchpoints. An understanding of UX, technology, and the role content plays in design is key. You advocate for solutions that balance the needs of customers with business objectives.
We know there's no single path to becoming a content strategist. So, we look for:
- More than 5 years professional experience with content strategy for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing and transaction-focused interfaces
- Understanding of the development, sourcing, and governance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
- Experience writing and revising content for the user interface
- Experience with localization and writing for a global audience
- Experience with the UX lexicon and working in the UX design process
- Understanding of SEM and SEO
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that encourage both ideation and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field — English, Communications, Linguistics, Journalism, HCI, Design
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.