UX Designer II at Expedia Group
Expedia Group’s Global Customer Operations (GCO) is changing what customer service means in the online travel business. By utilizing data and customer intelligence we are innovating and changing how our travelers are supported before, during, and after their trips.
Our applications built on the platform simplify complex business rules and processes via workflow automation and intelligent bot interactions. The applications we develop are utilized by a large network of customer service agents and business partners.
Are you a Designer searching for a company and an organization where you will be in the midst of a transformation? Do you get excited when faced with hard to solve design problems? Is working for a fun team of designers from whom you can learn a lot a requirement for you?
Then look no further. GCO is in the throes of redefining the next-generation customer service workflows and applications -- all with customer centricity at the helm – driven by state-of-the art artificial intelligence and machine learning.What you will do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather and understand business and feature requirements
- You will know target users: develop or work from user profiles & conduct task analysis
- Build user scenarios, help to craft and analyze user surveys and feedback
- Develop process flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile
- You'll present design work to the product team, engineering team, and external partners for review and feedback
- Partner with highly technical development teams for product launch
- You will handle projects in an agile, dynamic environment
- You have 3+ years professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer
- Posses a Bachelor's degree, preferably in design or human-computer interaction
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts
- You utilize standard methodologies for web- and mobile-based information architecture
- A communicator, presenter, social skills and the ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- You have a balanced foundation of visual design and UI design skills
- A capacity for building engaging, highly usable and intuitive designs and layouts, with a propensity towards simplification
- Possess practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Proficient in standard design tools including Sketch, Invision, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite
- You have an online portfolio that illustrates a holistic user experience skill-set (please provide a link to your portfolio)
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.